1. When you book you will have the option to pay by either credit/debit card, PayPal, bank transfer or cheque. If you have any issues when booking online, call the Summer School team at the National Office (020 8466 6139) who will be happy to book your place for you over the phone. Please note if you book by telephone you must pay by bank transfer or cheque.
2. One form to be completed by each applicant. When you put your name, please ensure that it is the one you wish to have on your badge.
3. Students cannot mix courses or transfer to another course on arrival. Some courses may have to be cancelled if there are insufficient numbers.
4. Accommodation Aston University – Single student bedrooms with en-suite facilities. Towels and complimentary tea/coffee facilities are provided. There is a lift available.
Aston Conference Hotel – There are some single and double hotel rooms with en-suite facilities available. Hotel rooms have an additional cost to the standard residential summer school fee. The rooms are subject to availability and are booked on a first-come-first-served basis. There is a lift in the hotel.
Travel: Aston University is a 10-15 minute walk from Birmingham New Street, Snow Hill and Moor Street Stations or a short taxi ride
Parking at Aston University. This has to be booked in advance in car park 12 on site www.conferenceaston.co.uk/carparking Car parking is a flat rate of £7.95 for 24 hours.
Blue Badge Parking : There are some spaces available. These need to be booked in advance. Please contact the Summer School Team.
5. Accommodation Royal Agricultural University
Single student bedrooms with en-suite facilities arranged on 2/3 floors in villas. Towels and complimentary tea/coffee facilities are provided. There are a few double/twin bedded rooms allocated on a first-come first-served basis. There are some accessible rooms available on each site.
Travel: The train station for the Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester is Kemble which is a short taxi drive (4 miles) from the university.
Parking at Royal Agricultural University – there is a large car park on site and disabled car spaces available.
6. Registration on the first day (approximately 2.30pm – 4.30pm). The schools start after registration and close after lunch on the last day.
7. Seminar timetable guide: Day 1: 5pm – 6pm; Days 2 & 3 9am –4.45pm; Day 4: 9am – 12.15pm.
Please direct any course-related queries to the relevant tutor (contact details provided with course information). For general queries, contact the Summer Schools team at the National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8466 6139.
Ground floor rooms are limited and must be pre-booked. The ability to manage stairs is essential for all those who have not booked a ground floor room.
There is no lift in the accommodation villas at the Royal Agricultural University. There are lifts in the teaching areas at both sites. The campuses are flat but there is a walk of several minutes between buildings at each site.
Summer Schools are open to all but members must be able to participate independently and take full responsibility for themselves. If you need further information before applying please contact the National Office and we will advise you.
Non-residential day delegate includes lunches but excludes dinners.
Cheques are to be made payable to ‘The Third Age Trust’. Please write the name of your course on the reverse of all cheques.
We regret that we cannot make any refunds for cancellation (or non-attendance) within eight weeks of the Summer School’s starting date. If there is a waiting list for the course we may have someone that may take the place and in that situation a refund will be given.
We strongly recommend that you consider taking out holiday insurance.